Saturday May 19th: 13:00–16:00
Kings Road United Reformed Church, 91 Crowstone Road, SS0 8LH Southend-on-Sea
ESSENTIAL TO BOOK TICKETS VIA THE EVENTBRITE LINK. WE NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH SOUP TO MAKE!
EVENT IS £5 OR WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD/WANT TO PAY. KIDS ARE FREE!
Soups are fun community events with an element of crowdfunding:
Three or four 5-minute pesentations from people/small groups needing a small amount of funding. Ideas can be related to community, art or business. Everyone votes for their favourite idea and the winner gets a pot of money – usually around £150-£250 (sometimes more!) Submit your idea here: http://southendsoup.co.uk/submit-a-good-idea/
Funding comes from the donations on the day – so it’s important to pay if you’re able to.
Hosts Kings Road URC are working towards their Silver Eco-Church award, hence the Green Living theme. So;
* If you are part of a group that helps people live in a sustainable way, we can set up a table so you can talk to people. Let us know in advance if you’d like to do this: SherryFuller@Hotmail.co.uk
* Likewise if you make stuff that helps with recycling, reduces plastic or waste, is organic, fair trade, animal-friendly, or otherwise fits in with the eco theme, come talk about what you do and sell your wares/share your stuff or ideas. (As above, get in touch if you want a table.)
* Don’t bring plastic if you can avoid it! Cloth bags, reusable water bottles.
THINGS TO BRING:
* The venue is a Trussel Trust Foodbank, so feel free to bring donations. UHT milk, juices, sponge puddings, Smash (easy mash potato), squash and tinned pies are always needed (but not beans – they have loads!)
* There are bowls at the venue, but it can be useful to bring your own in case we get lots of visitors!
* Musical instruments as there’s usually a jam to join in with!
* Entertainment for kids (and kids-at-heart!)
* Donations for The Kindness Exchange who do a trolley-run of Southend’s rough sleepers: spray deodorant, boxer shorts, comfy women’s pants, socks, wet wipes, hand sanitiser, tampons/towels, toothpaste/toothbrushes.
See you there!